Monday, November 8, 2010

nursery wall art

When I was pregnant with my daughter I really wanted to decorate her room with some handmade artwork. Since paper is my favorite medium to work with I sat down, pulled out my paper collection stash, and started playing around with the different colours. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, so I didn't want to use all pinks or blues. (Looking at it now I suppose this print does look a bit girly though!)

I broke out my cricut, and a few of my favorite cartridges, and started cutting out numbers. It took me quite a while to find the right size that the numbers should be (which of course varied with every cartridge). I played around with the layout quite a bit too. In the end I'm so pleased with it (although I wish that I had placed the 0 a little bit higher on the page.) It hangs over Claire's bed, and I'm just putting the finishing touches on an alphabet print that matches the number print.


Linking up with: Skip to my Lou

8 comments:

  1. That is really cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely!


    Following your lovely blog via GFC and inviting you to add this at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge - a mommy blogger directory and more, where you can also meet more mom bloggers like you.

    Following us back is deeply appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

    BLR Graham
    http://olahmomma.com -- blogging and connecting blogging moms.
    {all moms welcome}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Thanks for creating such an inspirational blog -- I really do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute and simple idea! i am going to use my silhouette to do something like that! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just visiting from skip to my lou, and I love this. It is such a good idea. I am going to make one of these, and I think one with the ABC's would be just as cute.

    I would love for you to come and share at my Fantastic Friday link party. http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting through Sip to my Lou, and love this post. It turned out beautiful. I think I might try this on some canvas for my daughter's play room! Thanks for sharing the idea. I'd love for you to post this on my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party at www.laughloveandcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopped over from Skip to My Lou. What a great idea! Going to get working on something like this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...